By Gur Alroey
From the start of the 20 th century until eventually the 1st international battle, approximately 35,000 Jews reached Palestine. due to this distinction in scale and thanks to where the land of Israel possesses in Jewish proposal, historians and social scientists have tended to use varied standards to immigration, stressing the distinctiveness of Jewish immigration to Palestine and the significance of the Zionist ideology as a principal think about that immigration. This e-book questions this assumption, and offers a extra complicated photograph either one of the motives of immigration to Palestine and of the mass of immigrants who reached the port of Jaffa within the years 1904–1914.
Read or Download An Unpromising Land: Jewish Migration to Palestine in the Early Twentieth Century (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture) PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
"I believe i'm the wandering Jew who has no position to which she belongs. i assumed i'll quiet down, yet cannot think staying. at any time when i purchased a bar of cleaning soap and got here within the package deal, i presumed there will be no use to shop for a package deal of 2 simply because i'd by no means final during the moment. Why? simply because I knew i used to be returning to Iran - the next day to come.
Why did colonial matters mobilize for nationwide independence from the French empire? this query has not often been posed as the solution seems to be noticeable: within the smooth period, nationalism was once guaranteed to confront colonialism. This publication argues opposed to taking nationalist mobilization without any consideration. opposite to traditional money owed, it exhibits that nationalism used to be now not the single or perhaps the first kind of anti-colonialism.
In keeping with the author's fieldwork and readings of media, executive studies, and ancient and modern documents, this ebook explores how Muslim migrants in Europe give a contribution to a altering eu panorama, concentrating on Muslim Moroccan migrants.
Cet ouvrage signe l'ouverture et l'inscription des recherches et des pratiques interculturelles dans los angeles globalisation. Des chercheurs, des praticiens et des jeunes doctorants des quatre continents portent leurs réflexions de manière critique sur los angeles thématique du développement social et de l'interculturalité, du développement sturdy, de los angeles violence et de los angeles paix, témoignant que l'interculturel est un processus dynamique qu'il faut situer également dans une standpoint à l. a. fois historique et transformatrice, avec des impacts complexes et pluridirectionnelles.
- Socialising with Diversity: Relational Diversity through a Superdiversity Lens (Global Diversities)
- International Migration in Southeast Asia: Continuities and Discontinuities (Asia in Transition)
- Citizen Activism and Mediterranean Identity: Beyond Eurocentrism (Mobility & Politics)
- Legacies: The Story of the Immigrant Second Generation
- Pain, Pride, and Politics: Social Movement Activism and the Sri Lankan Tamil Diaspora in Canada (Geographies of Justice and Social Transformation)
- Immigration, Integration, and Security: America and Europe in Comparative Perspective (The Security Continuum)
Extra info for An Unpromising Land: Jewish Migration to Palestine in the Early Twentieth Century (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
An Unpromising Land: Jewish Migration to Palestine in the Early Twentieth Century (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture) by Gur Alroey
- Download e-book for iPad: Rationalismus vs. Konstruktivismus? Eine theoretische by Thilo Schneider
- New PDF release: How We Became Breast Cancer Thrivers